Monday, September 18, 2006

TODO list: 5 Years of Youth Ministry. Complete.

I spent this last weekend in a huge chalet in Whistler, BC with 29 members of our youth leadership team. We had a great time building the chemistry bonds that hold teams together while together learning new leadership skills. This years leadership retreat was themed around ‘Puzzles’ and was dedicated to leaders who will imagine a new and better realities; instead of asking the question, “Are we great?” we asked ourselves, “Are we better today then we were yesterday?” It was a fantastic weekend!

One of the best moments for me through the weekend was looking out at this remarkable group of people who love teenagers and thinking to myself that there is no other place that I would rather be. I wouldn’t have traded the last five years of leadership development, youth ministry, and relationships for anything in the world. Over the coming week I will be sharing with you my top ten memories from five years of youth ministry and some of the things I have learned from them.

If anyone on our clccyouth.com leadership team reads this know that you have been apart of the most inspiring five years of my life. Thank you.
Grace and Peace,
-Jer

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
This weekend was awesome. Thank you for taking us on the retreat. It was amazing. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the other youth leaders and the sessions.