Emerging Church Dialogue.
Here are five values tht Mark deHoog and I perceive to be important filters that the emerging church dialogue should be perceived through. So, in no particular order of importance and simply for a continued conversation.........
1. Allowance to ask tough questions with the possibility of not actually ever finding conclusive answers.
2. Not against existing church but for church; it may mean change and may dislike certain expressions or cultural nuances of the existing.
3. Conversation over presentation; the difference between specalists and poets. (Ask Mark about this poetic hippie crap....)
4. Value of understanding over methodology.
5. We are more concerned about the meanings of words than the collection of letters themselves.
What are the implications of these 5 filters to such things as emerging theology, emerging leadership, emerging challenges, other emerging values, etc.
What is an emerging leader in relationship to the church? What are the implications of church to emerging leadership?
Feel free to use the comment section below to add your thoughts....
PS - If you are visiting for the first or second time make sure to spend some time browsing through the archives.
Grace and Peace.